Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Summer Break!!

It could not come soon enough. Mom grew weary of the workbooks, so they are shelved for a while. We have been enjoying the nice weather and have been spending as much time as possible outside. Amelia is riding miles on her trike. Anna is quite the daredevil on her bike. Emily is finally tall enough to ride a big girl bike with training wheels. Elaine is having fun on her scooter. Dad took us all fishing last week too!

The girls and I have planted new grass seed, 2 rhubarb plants, 6 packages of Sunflowers, Egg Gourds, Apple Gourds and 6 tomato plants and onions so far in our garden. I still need to get some pepper plants...I spent last night feeding my hostas, and moving my lily plants to the other side of the yard. Our lilacs are in full bloom, making our yard smell like Heaven!! We cut some long stems and placed them in three different rooms in the house. I just love fresh cut flowers!!

We are not abadoning 'school' altogether this summer, We will spend time reading and doing small reports in between the tennis, swimming, hiking and baking we have planned...