Saturday, April 25, 2009

OUR LATEST PROJECT.....

When we lived in Peoria, one of our favorite houses in our neighborhood had a winding brick pathway leading to their door. I have always loved how it looked. Well, earlier this year when we drove by our old house and old neighborhood, I was shocked to see that they had torn it all out!! So Wes and I decided it was time to make our own. 2 days and one bloodied ankle later:








YAY...it looks so good!! We are a few bricks short and hope to finish the back yard portion of it later this week. The best part of all:

IT WAS FREE!!!

We have been collecting bricks for years. We had bricks from the neighbors, from our old chimney, even bricks from the Junior High School that I went to in Dunlap. ( We took some bricks when they were tearing it down years ago...)

Now I have many more spaces for planting and bulbs this year. :)